I don’t make it out to the movies nearly as much as I used to, but when I do, I prefer Dos Equis. No, wait. That’s not right… That’s that other dude… and when he speaks he’s not sitting in a Starbucks next to a local gathering of Oprah’s book of the month club, but [...]
Earlier this week I set out into the forrest to get in a heavy clubbell training session. Trekking out, deep into Mother Nature, for a bit of communion and physical activity is something that I hold very dear. I grew up next to a set of woods, so I feel right at home under a [...]
Some of the more frequent comments I’ll get from visitors on this site are those regarding my tagline: Transform Your Movement, Transform Your Life. Some jive with it, others don’t. It’s cool either way, though, because it’s not simply a swath of plaster applied by a marketing hand. It’s a statement that I truly believe [...]
A sustainable, equipment free, digital deluxe program, designed to create more flow in your life.
At the end of the day, it’s about the process, the journey, and not the destination. And my goal is for Body Weight Solutions Basics to provide a forum for movement exploration and a means to attain more grace, ease and confidence in the way in which we conduct our daily lives.
I offer a number of services here at Day 1 Fitness Solutions. Private and Small Group Coaching, Workshops, Virtual Coaching and Information Products. While all of these offerings are at play in the Health and Fitness arena, my focus is on movement transformation across the board. I have no issue whatsoever with body transformation and [...]
Any guesses? Eat more meat? Drop grains? Shun animal products? Three pounds of greens a day? More sleep? Supplements? Medication? Dr. Mike Evans, founder of the Health Design Lab at the Li Ka Shing Knowledge Institute, an Associate Professor of Family Medicine and Public Health at the University of Toronto, and a staff physician at [...]
The hair cuts are good, but the talk is better. I mean, my hair “styling” requirements aren’t that complex, so I can go to any number of barbers for a military style buzz. Stands to reason, then, that it’s not merely a “good cut” that keeps me coming back. I’m probably not in the chair [...]
Comfort Zones are niceties, to be sure. However, when it comes to your health and fitness they’re dangerous liasons. It’s only as you push the envelope of your comfort zones that you see continual growth and progress. This shows up in all aspects of our lives. From profession, to relationships, to physique to health. You’re [...]
For many of us, the basic push up can get pretty boring after a while. While it’s a great foundational movement, it would serve us well to progress out past it into more sophisticated activity-specific movements. We’ll not only increase the intelligence of our nervous systems, but we’ll help to avoid injuries and issues from [...]
Millions of people suffer on a daily basis from joint related pains. The most common form of joint pain – Arthritic Disease – affects just under 50 million Americans. The old-school way of thinking was to chalk it up to “old age.” Rest, and waiting for joint replacement, were the prescriptions of choice. While these [...]
Apples. Really? Maybe. According to recent research (conducted on mice, of course), scientists have discovered a natural compound in apples that increases muscle mass. A group of researchers have singled out ursolic acid – a natural compound enriched in apple peels – as the powerhouse. It’s genetic signature was found to be opposite to those [...]
Just about everyone I see for training starts their journey with some kind of neck and shoulder pain, discomfort or immobility. Unfortunately, it’s a symptom (at least in part) of a high paced, high stressed working culture that finds us seated and hunched for 8 hours (or more) a day. But headaches, neck tension and [...]
- Hcg drops: Amazing stuff. My thanks for writing that. I'll c...
- nfl jerseys for infants: Hi there, I check your new stuff on a regular basi...
- John Belkewitch: Thanksgiving was great, bro. Haven't stopped eat...
- John Sifferman: Thanks for the update, John - good to know things ...
- John Belkewitch: Renee! Great to hear from you :-) Going strong u...
- Side Bending Is Ancient History May 10, 2012
- Best Tough Mudder Gear January 20, 2011
- Tough Mudder Training: 5 Key Components To A Safe And Effective Plan January 10, 2011
- 4 Houses, 1 Community: Transform Your Movement, Transform Your Life April 10, 2012
- Rugged Maniac Comes To Jersey April 24, 2011
- Going Beyond The Mat With Your Training – Pressure Testing For Specific Preparedness January 7, 2013
- Fit For The Holidays: Training With Santa Claus December 17, 2012
- It’s Been A While… November 20, 2012
- Zombies Run!: Spike Your Running With Some Creative Engagement July 30, 2012
- Mirror, Mirror: What’s My Fitness Reflection? June 11, 2012
Follow @day1pt on Twitter