If you’re a New Jersey mud maniac, then you know what time it is! Next weekend marks the return of the Tri-State Tough Mudder – a 13 (ish) mile, military-grade obstacle course. The event is an interesting juxtaposition to this weekends NYC Marathon. Yes, the Mudder is HALF the distance, BUT the obstacles and elements […]
It seems as though a new obstacle race is popping up every day. Some are longer than others and have more obstacles, but for the most part, all of them share the same qualities: distance, mud, crawling, climbing, jumping, bumping… and of course some have elements such as extreme heat, extreme cold, barbed wire, fire […]
My Tacfit Field Instructor preparations were recently sidelined due to a serious bout of the flu. I felt something coming on the week before it hit, and tried to stave it off. I normally come out on top. However, this time the beast got the best of me. I was out of action physically, and […]
The Northeast was hit with a double dose of the white stuff again this past week (and more is on the way for next week). More than recent winters, we’re being reminded that snow shoveling, just like any other activity, can be quite the work out. Most people tend to think of it as more […]
One of the top questions I get regarding the Tough Mudder is “So, what should I wear?” And, of course, the answer is always “Well, that depends.” While all Tough Mudders are similar in design, they’re not all equal in actualization. The biggest determinant of gear is going to be the elements. Is your event […]
p5rn7vb When training for anything – not just a 12 mile, 19 military grade obstacle course – you want to make sure your plan progresses so that you peak at event time. Not before, and certainly not afterward. Having said that, everyone’s plan will look different. When prepping our team for New Jersey’s Tri State […]
- John Belkewitch: Thanks for checking out the post! Let me know how...
- Tanja: Particularly interesting....look ahead to visiting...
- nfl jerseys for infants: Hi there, I check your new stuff on a regular basi...
- John Belkewitch: Thanksgiving was great, bro. Haven't stopped eat...
- John Sifferman: Thanks for the update, John - good to know things ...
- Side Bending Is Ancient History May 10, 2012
- Best Tough Mudder Gear January 20, 2011
- Basic Mobility Routine: Neck & Shoulders May 17, 2011
- Tough Mudder Training: 5 Key Components To A Safe And Effective Plan January 10, 2011
- 4 Houses, 1 Community: Transform Your Movement, Transform Your Life April 10, 2012
- Going Beyond The Mat With Your Training – Pressure Testing For Specific Preparedness January 7, 2013
- Fit For The Holidays: Training With Santa Claus December 17, 2012
- It’s Been A While… November 20, 2012
- Zombies Run!: Spike Your Running With Some Creative Engagement July 30, 2012
- Mirror, Mirror: What’s My Fitness Reflection? June 11, 2012
Follow @day1pt on Twitter