In our previous video installment we took a look at mobility drills to prime the neck and shoulders. We were interested in releasing tension and discomfort, while working towards increased joint integrity and longevity. In this installment, we’re going to take a look at the lower body. However, we’re talking a bit more of a […]
m4s0n501 Just about everyone I see for training starts their journey with some kind of neck and shoulder pain, discomfort or immobility. Unfortunately, it’s a symptom (at least in part) of a high paced, high stressed working culture that finds us seated and hunched for 8 hours (or more) a day. But headaches, neck tension […]
There are a ton of things we can do to counter the sludge created from a sedentary and seated lifestyle. For starters, you can check out the free resource on this site, to work out some of those kinks right from your desk. There are copious other ways to go about countering our chair shaped […]
As a guy who’s dealt with neck issues for the past 10 years, I cherish every extra degree of cervical freedom I can get. Discovering Scott Sonnon’s Intu Flow program was a godsend. In only a matter of two days, I’d found relief from tension and discomfort that I’d been carrying around for years. Now, […]
The Northeast was hit with a double dose of the white stuff again this past week (and more is on the way for next week). More than recent winters, we’re being reminded that snow shoveling, just like any other activity, can be quite the work out. Most people tend to think of it as more […]
Thoracic spine mobility is important in maintaining healthy posture and breathing. Unfortunately, the shadows cast by our technological age are grizzly ones. Slumped and seated postures, especially when held for a prolonged period of time, pose a major threat to maintaining an efficient anatomical position. The build-up of tension in and around the area from […]
- John Belkewitch: Thanks for checking out the post! Let me know how...
- Tanja: Particularly interesting....look ahead to visiting...
- nfl jerseys for infants: Hi there, I check your new stuff on a regular basi...
- John Belkewitch: Thanksgiving was great, bro. Haven't stopped eat...
- John Sifferman: Thanks for the update, John - good to know things ...
- Side Bending Is Ancient History May 10, 2012
- Best Tough Mudder Gear January 20, 2011
- Basic Mobility Routine: Neck & Shoulders May 17, 2011
- Tough Mudder Training: 5 Key Components To A Safe And Effective Plan January 10, 2011
- 4 Houses, 1 Community: Transform Your Movement, Transform Your Life April 10, 2012
- Going Beyond The Mat With Your Training – Pressure Testing For Specific Preparedness January 7, 2013
- Fit For The Holidays: Training With Santa Claus December 17, 2012
- It’s Been A While… November 20, 2012
- Zombies Run!: Spike Your Running With Some Creative Engagement July 30, 2012
- Mirror, Mirror: What’s My Fitness Reflection? June 11, 2012
Follow @day1pt on Twitter