Oh, don’t get me wrong… Side bending is NOT gone with the wind. However, today we’re absolutely looking at it as a thing of the past. Stay with me now… When we talk about mindful movement, we talk about being fully present in our practice – not dwelling in the past (or pining for the [...]
For some of us, that question is one that’s not too comfortable to entertain. This is a health and fitness blog after all – what’s violence got to do with it, right? Understandable first impression. Yet, it’s a question that we’d be best-advised to not dismiss as one of irrelevance. Pay close enough attention to [...]
I offer a number of services here at Day 1 Fitness Solutions. Private and Small Group Coaching, Workshops, Virtual Coaching and Information Products. While all of these offerings are at play in the Health and Fitness arena, my focus is on movement transformation across the board. I have no issue whatsoever with body transformation and [...]
So… I’ve begun work on a new Prasara Yoga Flow. While it’s not yet complete, the Needlepoint Flow is coming certainly along nicely. Like all Prasara flows, the magic is in the transitions, ideally making the full flow seem like one long, uninterrupted movement that traverses many movement spectrums, arcs and vectors. Just as working [...]
Thoracic spine mobility is important in maintaining healthy posture and breathing. Unfortunately, the shadows cast by our technological age are grizzly ones. Slumped and seated postures, especially when held for a prolonged period of time, pose a major threat to maintaining an efficient anatomical position. The build-up of tension in and around the area from [...]
Interested in hosting a workshop at your studio or for your organization? Contact us for pricing and scheduling. ~ Movement Exploration Series ~ Cleaning The Slate $35 in advance / $40 at the door Holistic Wellness Network 17 Watchung Ave, Chatham NJ This is a 2 hour Joint Mobility and Partner Resisted Yoga workshop that [...]
- Hcg drops: Amazing stuff. My thanks for writing that. I'll c...
- nfl jerseys for infants: Hi there, I check your new stuff on a regular basi...
- John Belkewitch: Thanksgiving was great, bro. Haven't stopped eat...
- John Sifferman: Thanks for the update, John - good to know things ...
- John Belkewitch: Renee! Great to hear from you :-) Going strong u...
- Side Bending Is Ancient History May 10, 2012
- Best Tough Mudder Gear January 20, 2011
- Tough Mudder Training: 5 Key Components To A Safe And Effective Plan January 10, 2011
- 4 Houses, 1 Community: Transform Your Movement, Transform Your Life April 10, 2012
- Rugged Maniac Comes To Jersey April 24, 2011
- Going Beyond The Mat With Your Training – Pressure Testing For Specific Preparedness January 7, 2013
- Fit For The Holidays: Training With Santa Claus December 17, 2012
- It’s Been A While… November 20, 2012
- Zombies Run!: Spike Your Running With Some Creative Engagement July 30, 2012
- Mirror, Mirror: What’s My Fitness Reflection? June 11, 2012
Follow @day1pt on Twitter